01 September 2017
Call for abstracts opens
22 January 2018
Abstract submission deadline
02 April 2018
All accepted abstracts will be published in a supplement of EFOMPs journal, the European Journal of Medical Physics (EJMP), at the end of July/early August 2018 before the Congress.
For the ECMP 2018, EJMP will publish a Focus Issue with up to 40 full papers selected from the conference contributions. The contributions will be selected by the Focus Issue's Guest Editors which will be nominated by EJMP's Editor-in-Chief. The final manuscripts will then undergo a full peer-review process. The Focus Issue will be published online on April 2019, with deadline for submission of papers on 31 December 2018. The papers of this Focus Issue will be free to download from the EJMP's journal website throughout 2019.
Please read the ECMP2018 ABSTRACT SUBMISSION CONDITIONS below, before submitting.
ECMP2018 ABSTRACT SUBMISSION CONDITIONS
A. General conditions
1. Abstracts must be submitted by 22 January 2018 (23:59 GMT).
2. Abstracts must be submitted in English.
3. Final placement in an oral or poster session is subject to the Programme Committee’s discretion.
4. Abstracts accepted will be published in the Physica Medica: European Journal of Medical Physics (EJMP). By submitting an abstract you consent to giving ECMP 2018 permission to publish your abstract.
5. Withdrawal of abstracts can only be accepted if notified in writing and subsequently confirmed by the ECMP Congress Secretariat.
6. For the ECMP 2018, EJMP will publish a Focus Issue with up to 40 full papers selected from the congress contributions. The contributions will be selected by the Focus Issue's Guest Editors which will be nominated by EJMP's Editor-in-Chief. The final manuscripts will then undergo a full peer-review process. The Focus Issue will be published online in April 2019, with deadline for submission of papers late November or early December 2018. The papers of this Focus Issue will be free to download from the EJMP's journal website throughout 2019.
B. Presenting author and registration
1. Presenters with an accepted abstract must register for the congress.
2. EFOMP reserves the right to exclude any abstract from the scientific programme that is not followed by a participant registration.
3. You are allowed to submit one abstract as registered (usually 1st) author but can be co-author on multiple abstracts.
C. Contents of your abstract
1. In English, with a maximum of 350 words per abstract excluding the title, author names and affiliations. Please do not include any figures and tables. References or footnotes are allowed within the 350 word limit.
2. It is important to ensure that your abstract does not contain spelling, grammatical or scientific errors, as it will be reproduced as submitted. If English is not your native language, we encourage you to have your text edited by a native English speaker before submission.
3. The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study.
4. No identifying features such as names of authors, hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities may be listed in the title or abstract text, as a “blind” review process will be used. You will be asked to enter the name(s) of author(s) and their institution(s), when you submit your abstract online.
5. The abstract must be structured in the following format:
Materials and Methods
6. All abbreviations must be defined in the first they are used.
7. Unless necessary for nature of the study, please abstain from using company or brand names in the abstract body.
1. The Scientific Committee will be in charge of reviewing the abstract.
2. Notification of abstract decision, including presentation format (oral or poster) will be sent directly by email.
3. It is the responsibility of all investigators that all studies are performed with respect to national legislation, international legislation and ethical guidelines for medical research involving humans and/or animals. The ECMP 2018 Programme Committee reserves the right to reject any submitted abstract that is believed to violate these principles.
4. Please verify that your email address (submitter and presenting author) is correct as it will be used for contacting you after the review process.
For all enquiries regarding the abstract submission, please contact the Congress Secretariat at: email@example.com